Friday, June 12, 2015

Oh, the Humanity! part deux

I usually enjoy riding the bus.  It is often entertaining, humorous (see jokes about pilgrims and bees), or relaxing.  Sometimes, it's sad.  However, it is rarely upsetting.  Today it was.

A young man got on the bus this afternoon, accompanied by a little boy (probably about 2 or 3 years old).  And this kid was WHINING.  He was forcing some serious crocodile tears.  And he was loud.  And it was annoying.  I heard the man pleading with the boy to stop it to no effect.  I then thought I heard him threaten a spanking.  I thought, "Okay...that doesn't seem like a good approach."  The whining continued and they got off the bus.  The man dragged the small boy by the arm down the aisle (his body was on the ground) and down the steps the same way.  This little boy's body was dragged down the bus steps!  And then he was dragged along the sidewalk, too!  And then he got spanked.  Do you think that he stopped crying?  He sure didn't.

Was his whining irritating?  Yes.  Did I want him to stop?  Sure!  Did his behavior warrant this kind of treatment?  I sure don't think so.

So, yeah...the bus was upsetting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment