Wednesday, June 24, 2015

No.

The bus was busy today, the busiest that I have seen it, in fact.  I'm not sure if this has to do with Summerfest or what, but it was full.

I sat next to a small little lady.  I initially did not pay much attention to her, but then a few interesting qualities caught my eye.  For starters, she wasn't wearing her left shoe.  Instead, her BARE FOOT WAS RESTING ON THE BUS FLOOR.  Is the bus floor cleaner than that a public restroom?  I don't even know.  I also noticed that her shirt was inside out.  Ok, that can happen.  And then I spotted her wig...her wig was so crooked that her center part was hanging down around her jaw line.  Things got interesting from here.  We approached a stop, she stood up.  So I stood up to get out of her way.  She stood for a minute, looked confused, and sat back down.  This happened at the next stop, too.  She stood, I stood; she sat, I sat.  After the second repetition, I figured it out .  She continued to stand and sit for just about every stop.  I remained seated, however.  Every time she sat down, she sort of flopped down and bumped me with her large purse.  Gradually, this teeny little lady and her giant purse took over about half of my seat.

And, when it was time for her to get off, she said as sweetly as possible, "Excuse me," as she made her way passed me,

1 comment: