I stayed a little later at work yesterday, so today I caught a slightly earlier bus. When I boarded, I noticed that the bus driver looked amused. And I also noticed the very loud volume in the bus. I found a seat towards the back and was able to observe what was going on. There were eight drunk, loud women on the bus. Several sat up front (in the elderly and disabled seats, which always bothers me) and then a few were in the back, behind me. The ladies in the front were really, really loud. They were shouting, saying things like "Mama needs a ticket to get off the goddamn bus," and waving their transfer tickets around and they had lots of questions for the poor bus driver. They must have asked him half a dozen times if he would tell them when to get off the bus. They were heading to Brady Street, the entire bus soon learned. They were so drunk that I could smell the booze from where I sat.
Finally, it was time for them to depart. They de-bused and marched right into a tattoo shop on Brady. Very interesting. I'm sure that their tattoos will be lovely!
Once they got off, I saw that my old friend Mark was on the bus! Remember Mark? I only saw him from behind, but he was so familiar. And, I noticed that he was really chatting up the rider next to him. When he got off the bus, he loudly thanked and blessed the bus driver. When I heard that, I knew it had to be my pal Mark! Sadly, there was no singing this time. Maybe next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment