MCTS is running once again. Although I did enjoy my walks last week, I also missed my bus. I had thought about walking home from work today, but didn't as I had other things that I wanted to do. As you will soon read, I was very happy that I decided to ride.
The stop after I get on the bus is a busy one. Today was no exception and seats were in short supply. A man sat next to me and he was a bit of a space hog and strongly smelled of cigarettes. He had a shout chat with a lady a few seats away, telling her how much he loves his girl. While the conversation was loud, it was also kinda sweet. After his shout chat pal left, this fellow turned his attention to me. I soon found out that his name was Mark. In addition to being a friendly, chatty fellow, Mark liked to sing. Mark treated the bus to brief songs about Santa Claus, rainbow colors in the sky, and his final performance was White Christmas.
Between songs, Mark shared with me his love of his girl, his thought that one of the other bus riders would make a good dad, and a little bit about his personal medical history. He told me that he enjoys riding the bus because he loves visiting with people and making friends. Mark thanked me for visiting with him, blessed me and my family, and wished me a great summer. And then he was gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment