Monday, August 10, 2015
An Unwanted Encounter
I sometimes take the bus south Friday afternoons if I am going to Bayview for acupuncture. This was the case last week Friday. It was sprinkling out, so I sat in the small bus shelter to get out of the rain. I heard some noise and caught some motion out of the corner of my eye, which let me know that someone else joined me in the bus shelter, too. I soon picked up his smell as well. (yuck...). I then heard some giggling and thought to myself. "IGNORE THIS PERSON." Well, that worked ok for a few minutes but ultimately was not a successful strategy. I soon heard unintelligible blathering. I eventually picked out something like, "Hey, whatsa matter wich you?" after this was repeated several times. I of course ignored this statement, but finally looked up to see a man so clearly wasted--he was actually sloshing around a half empty bottle of booze (sorry, I wasn't able to see what kind it was, but I suspect that it was some kind of brandy). He asked me this a few more times until I said, feeling annoyed, "Nothing is the matter with me." I then left the bus shelter as dealing with a few light rain drops was preferable to dealing with this fool's everything. He then followed me out of the shelter and asked me his question AGAIN. So, I told him that he was clearly drunk and that I didn't want to talk to him. He said ok and meandered off on his way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment