Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Stoppages

I know that my loyal blog readers (all three of them) have been very worried about what the MCTS strike would mean for my afternoon commute (can't really call it an evening commute now can I?) and this blog.  Well, just because they are having a work stoppage doesn't mean that I must have a blog stoppage as well.  So, I decided to brave the urban jungle known as the Oak Leaf Trail and walk it on my way home.

When we left for work this morning, I packed up my REI back pack with necessities for my hike, including a water bottle, socks, and sneaks.  I had not fully decided on my route but thought that the the lake front was the most likely path.

At 2:30, I changed shoes and headed out.  Here I am at Mile 1, in front of the Art Museum.  I was feeling good--my Pandora Summer Hits of the 90's was keeping me moving.
Mile 2: The Brady Street Pedestrian Bridge.  Fatigue was starting to set in.  Why was I doing this?

Mile Unknown: Dangerous Wildlife.  What was this up ahead?  A giraffe?  In the wilds of Milwaukee?  Where am I?

But, something was not right with the giraffe.  While he posed no threat, he lacked life. A tragedy.

Mile 4.5: Civilization!  Otherwise known as the baseball diamond's covered shelter!  Almost home!

All told, it was about a 4.7 mile walk that I completed in 1 hour, 25 minutes.  Of course, there were some stops along the way. I will totally do this again!

1 comment: