I think the most heartwarming thing about my foray into mass transit is how impressed I am with manners overall. I have noticed that almost every rider greets the bus driver when boarding the bus with a hello or how are you or similar pleasantry. And upon exiting, most riders say thank you, which amazes me. And most will wish the bus driver a good weekend on Friday as well.
I will say that every bus driver I've encountered so far has been extremely pleasant. My favorite is the afternoon driver on the 5:05 PM bus back home. She is a young woman and always seems to be in a great mood, even when traffic or weather are bad. When bad traffic AND bad weather ended up in her missing a turn and ending up turned around off the freeway in Uptown, relying on help from a passenger to help her get back on the route, she was apologetic but still upbeat. I wish I could be like this bus driver in my work.
No comments:
Post a Comment