Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Musings on the Express Bus

I too have started taking the bus.  Peterson sisters on the bus, yay!  I am taking the express bus from Eagan, MN to the University of Minnesota dental school.  I love this bus because it gets to drive on the shoulders on the freeway and fly past all the traffic sitting on 35W.  I look at those cars and think, that could be me, but it's not!

My bus is very quiet.  The riders consist of professional commuters and college students.  Lots of the people I see in the morning going to the U are the same ones I see at night coming home.

My favorite lady so far comes home on the 5:05 return trip.  She is an older lady, a larger lady.  She always has a medium sized red roller suitcase (and it really rolls nice!) and two empty cardboard boxes nested in each other.  These boxes are labels has having at one time contained some sort of syringes.  I'm not quite sure what the purpose of the suitcase or the boxes are.  It fascinates me.  But she is nice and will talk to you if you show interest in conversing, but doesn't force you to go on and on if you'd rather sit and be quiet.

There is another guy, a young guy.  He reminds me of Shaggy from Scooby Doo if he were a person that might do some kind of IT support type job.  He usually has a lunch in a plastic grocery bag and a book.  He is currently reading "Flowers in the Attic" which is an odd choice for an adult man to read.  He used it as a pillow on Friday when we were coming home.  It didn't look very comfortable.

Tomorrow I have to drive my car to the U in the afternoon for training, there isn't a bus that comes back late enough.  I'm sad to have to drive.  But glad that I at least have free parking!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he is reading something else and puts a Flowers in the Attic cover on it to mess with people! An adult man reading pervy YA lit is very strange...

    ReplyDelete